Modern Attitude Reaches Metropolitan Heights with Bernhardt Furniture
In the 1930s, Hollywood Regency style was loved by celebrities such as Joan Crawford and Nancy Regan. However, Hollywood Regency design is not a relic of a by gone era, a modern version is gaining popularity. The Midcentury Hollywood style we’ve known is a combination of many movements including art deco and neoclassical. Attention to detail is the overarching theme: each piece is detailed and beautiful — almost a work of art in its own right. The Beverly Glenn collection by Bernhardt provides a fresh, contemporary reinvention of enduringly popular style.
With wonderful fabrics, chandeliers with crystals, and shiny surfaces — Hollywood Regency style is all about the details. Juxtaposing the super fussy with the super clean, this style centers on the glitz and glamour of luxurious living.
Fundamental Elements of Hollywood Regency Style
· Upholstered furniture with details such as nail heads, piping, or tufting.
· Chairs, chaises, and sofas with soft feminine lines and curved backs.
· Rich luxy fabrics such as leather, velvet, silk, or faux fur.
· Bold geometric patterns, wide stripes, or animal prints in rugs, pillows, drapes, and even wallpaper.
· Lacquered furniture in brown, black, Chinese red, Kelly green or Prussian blue.
· Mirrors on panels, in frames, on furniture, and other accent pieces.
· Furnishings like gold statues, Chinoiserie vases, carved frames, mirrors, brass knobs, crystal lamps, animal patterned rugs, and tasseled pillows.
· Crystal and glass light fixtures including large hanging crystal chandeliers, etched pendants, or crystal stemmed lamps with fancy shades.
Sophisticated Style Forms the Foundation of Regency Décor
With its contemporary twists and dazzling improvisations, this sophisticated style is back with a vengeance. For visual richness and sheer audacity, it is an inspiration from the glamour days of Hollywood that is worth a look. Sleek lines, drama, and contrasts created by rich fabrics, tufting, textures, and mirrored surfaces form the foundation of Hollywood Regency decor.
A Holllywood Regency dining room is all about glitz and glam, luxurious living and effortless entertaining. The boldness of the style lies not only in the color choices but also in the finishes. In the dining room above, rich cream upholstery contrasts against a rich, brown finish that give it glamorous allure. The white-on-white patterned area rug creates a dramatic effect and the high-gloss veneers bring the shine that is a hallmark of the style. The dining room is a perfect room to incorporate elements of old Hollywood glamour, as entertainment is at the heart of this décor.
Baer’s Furniture is proud to have hosted the Women of Excellence meeting in their West Melbourne location.